July was our first meeting with all of our new board members! What better way to start fresh than to gather around at our new meeting location at Forty.
• Set up new board members on Basecamp and the AIGA national WIKI for effective, ongoing communication on upcoming events, programs and initiatives
• Reviewed financials
• Reviewed details and logistics of upcoming events in July: ¡Luncha Learne!, The Art of Video Games Exhibit – Phoenix Art Museum, Tucson Thursdays – Cocktails with Creatives, Copyright Workshop, Design for Good Summit
• Assigned tasks for August programming and communications
• Discussed planning details of our upcoming Annual Programming Retreat in August
• Reviewed membership stats
• Engaged in three lightning brainstorming sessions (using the Stanford d.school brainstorming method as a guide) to come up with fresh ideas and perspectives. This month we tackled our new mentorship initiative, Tucson programming, and membership engagement.
Board Members in attendance:
Niki Blaker, Jim Nissen, Michelle Duah, James Carr, Patricia Tompkins, Liz Magura, Kyle Larkin, Mark Dudlik, James Archer, Larissa Scordato, Michael Duah, Marc Oxborrow, Kathy Morgan, Danny Upshaw, Jenn Yamnitz, Ryan Lowry, Paul Dunbar
Want to get more involved in the Phoenix design community?
We are currently looking for:
• Programs Chair
• Sponsorship Chair
• Membership Chair
• Communications volunteers
• Membership volunteers
• Mentorship volunteers
• Day of event volunteers
If you would like to volunteer or serve as a Board Chair, we would be happy to hear from you!