Tucsonans are fortunate to be surrounded by a vibrant food culture that encompasses everything: backyard gardeners, craft beer brewers, cutting-edge mixologists, exotic food trucks, and James Beard award winning five-star restaurants.
However, we wouldn’t know about all these culinary creatives without our design and communication creatives: the photographers, writers, graphic designers, cultural anthropologists, marketers, and others who slice, dice, and fry up the words, pictures, and stories that make our mouths water and stomachs growl.
To find out what goes into these visual dishes, join us at Tucson Makers: Food + Design. The evening will be emceed by Tucson's own foodie, Adam Lehrman! And the menu of presenters is simply to die for:
- Miranda Morrison – Merit Foods
- Maribel Alvarez, Ph.D. – Associate Professor at UA's School of Anthropology, and Executive Program Director at the Southwest Folklife Alliance
- Ryan Trayte – Saywells Design Company
- Steve McMackin & Megan Kimble – Edible Baja Arizona Magazine
- Steven Meckler – Steven Meckler Photography
- Richie Brevaire – Graphic Designer for Goodness and the HUB Ice Cream Factory
- Andi Berlin, Digital Food Reporter, Arizona Daily Star
All community members are welcome. The cost is $15 for members of AIGA, MOCA Tucson, and affiliated organizations, and $20 for non-members. For more information about AIGA membership, visit arizona.aiga.org.
Don’t forget to explore our local food scene beforehand, and dine at one of downtown's many restaurants.