The AIGA AZ Mentorship Program matches mentees– graduating design students and emerging designers (1-5 years experience) with mentors– experienced designers. The objective is for mentors to help mentees develop a professional career path.
Please fill out the form below to apply as a mentor.Â The deadline for entry is Monday, April 30, 2018. Notification of Mentor/Mentee matches will be Friday, May 4.
- Experienced designers (5+ years in the industry)
- AIGA AZ members in good standing
- May – October 2018
- A minimum of one hour contact per month and a maximum of 4 hours per month for 6 months
- Contact to be determined by you, the mentorâ€”in person, video chat, or phone
- Volunteer opportunity to strengthen and give back to our design community (unpaid)
- Build confidence and encouragement
- Provide professional resources (training, job huntingâ€¦)
- Offer expert feedback on portfolios and resumes
- You are busy professionals, it is understood that meetings may need to be brief or rescheduled; however, best efforts should be made
- This program is NOT an internship or extended job interview
- Gifts, career advancement, moneyâ€¦ are not appropriate
Let your mentee lead the discussions, here are some suggestions to nudge the conversation:
- Your motivations for becoming a mentor
- Your experience (career start, challenges, achievements, work/life balance, recommendations, daily activities/skills needed)
- Management skills
Be a Mentor, apply now.