Google is a shifty trickster, constantly introducing new algorithms and other updates aimed at throwing salt in your SEO game. But the Goog’s crazy curveballs don’t faze you, because you’re always two steps ahead—or, at least, you’re always hot on Google’s heels. Why? Because you’re all about that rank, ’bout that rank. Of course, your talents don’t purely lie in driving major traffic to websites; you also have a knack for driving relevant, quality traffic. Guess the Googs isn’t the only one who knows its users.
At WebPT, we hire the most talented people for our teams, and then give them the freedom to do their jobs. Here, we work hard—but we have lots of fun doing it. So, if you like a cool, collaborative, and challenging work environment—and technical SEO is your strong suit—you’ll fit right in.
As the leader in our market and one of the fastest-growing companies in the country, WebPT has already done a lot. But we’re nowhere near done. Our plans just keep getting grander, and we can’t achieve greatness without you.
• Lead, evaluate, test, and manage SEO strategies and tactics.
• Conduct A/B tests to improve traffic for our web properties, landing pages, and keywords.
• Develop Google analytics segmentation strategies, and then measure and track results.
• Research and discover new SEO and traffic-driving opportunities, like contributed content, sponsorships, and advertising spaces.
• Map and analyze how organic traffic flows into our web properties and how they behave on our sites, and make optimization recommendations.
• Own the performance of our website and microsites.
• Throw business casual to the wind. We want casual-casual. Rock flip flops and jeans. We don’t care, so long as you do good work and enjoy yourself.
• Get ready to fly by the seat of your pants. This role is ever-evolving—just like our team and our marketing strategies—so while you don’t need to be Cirque du Soleil flexible, we may once in a while ask you to do a few backbends, or at least try some things outside of your wheelhouse.
Skills and Qualifications
Abilities and Knowledge
• Live for metrics, analytics, and segmentation.
• Strategize about SEO like a world dominator in the game of Risk.
• Know UTMs inside and out.
• Love to laugh. If you take yourself too seriously, then avert your eyes from this description now.
• Know how to roll up your sleeves. We have a lot of brass tacks here, and we like to get down to ’em.
• Play really nice with others. We’re a tight-knit, highly collaborative team (i.e., we’re friends first), so check your ego at the door.
• Be organized, ahead of schedule, communicative, and accountable—in short, own your role entirely, while being open to critiques, suggestions, edits, and new ideas. (See bullet point about “tight-knit, highly collaborative team.”)
• Jibe with our culture. We’re talkin’ energy, integrity, positivity, a hunger for knowledge, and a passion for demand generation. Bring all that and a bag of chips. Seriously, we love chips.
Education and Experience
• At least three years of experience in search engine optimization, marketing analytics, or general digital marketing
• Experience with the following software—or similar: Moz, Ahrefs, and SEMrush
• Degree in marketing, information systems, technology, or a related program—or equivalent experience
• General breadth of knowledge across the entire marketing spectrum
• Deep understanding of Google Analytics and search algorithms
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and PHP—maybe not like second languages, but enough to get by with the natives
• Experience with landing page optimization tools (preferably Unbounce), marketing automation (bonus points for Pardot), and CRM (aka Salesforce)
• Experience with social media and online reputation and community management
• Experience working in a B2B and/or SaaS environment
• Healthcare industry knowledge
Additional Aspects of the Job
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will not be exposed to weather conditions, and the noise level is usually moderate.
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally need to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; or taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WebPT, Inc. provides equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by state or federal law.
3 years: Experience in search engine optimization, marketing analytics, or general digital marketing
Until what date should this posting be listed?