Location: District Support Services Center
Hiring Salary Range:
$48,728.00 – $63,347.00/annually DOE
Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
Summer Hours: Monday – Thursday, 7am-6pm
Looking for a place to work where you can make a real difference in the lives of over 200,000 college students every year? Would you like to be part of an organization that adds $7.2 billion dollars to the economy and supports nearly 100,000 jobs in the fastest growing county in the United States?
Come join our team at one of the largest community college systems in the country. Named one of the best mid-sized employers in the nation, which was the only educational institution ranked in Arizona in 2017. In 2018, “The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) has been named No. 19 on Forbes magazine’s first-ever “America’s Best Employers for Women”, ranking MCCCD among 300 employers across the nation. MCCCD is the fourth-highest ranked educational institution and the only Arizona-based employer named on the list.” 2019 Maricopa is named No. 42 in “Arizona’s Best Employers”.
Our employees are our most valuable asset; that’s why at Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) we are committed to providing a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family. Being a member of the Maricopa community you are able to participate in a wide range of benefits that gives you flexibility and choice including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, tuition waivers for you and your dependents, and retirement.
Whether you’re teaching, working, or learning – find your purpose. Join our community and make a difference.
The Multimedia Coordinator is responsible for developing, filming, editing, captioning, and delivering engaging video content for the Office of Strategic Communications and Public Relations. Using storytelling techniques, this position will create high-quality videos on a weekly basis for a variety of digital platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and MCCCD’s website. In this collaborative environment, you will work with the entire department to execute video campaigns intended to meet and exceed the organization’s strategic goals and objectives. A successful candidate is a strong storyteller who can capture the authenticity of subjects, while driving viewers to take action. You should have a strong understanding of editing for a variety of channels at a variety of lengths, and have the ability to select and incorporate music, graphics, and voiceover in order to generate a compelling video.
- 40%– Coordinates, storyboards, films, and edits videos using both single or multi-camera productions either on location or in house to produce engaging video content for the Office of Strategic Communications and Public Relations. Oversees the transportation, set up, and operation of production equipment, including audio and lighting equipment.
- 25%– Edits footage using post-production techniques and software, in order to create video outputs for a variety of digital communications channels for both internal and external audiences.
- 10%– Develops creative briefs for individual video projects using storytelling techniques and creative concepts, ensuring content aligns with MCCCD’s strategic priorities. Proposes new ideas and collaborates with team and departments across the organization.
- 10%– Stays up to date on the latest trends, best practices, and emerging technology in video production and storytelling.
- 10%– Maintains consistency of the MCCCD brand and adhere to brand standards with all content; other duties as assigned.
- 5%– Catalogs, and stores media content, maintaining backups of all footage/media
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in any field and two (2) years of video production experience.
- Associate’s degree and four (4) years of video production experience
- High School Diploma/GED and six (6) years of video production experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution in Communications/Media
- Two (2) years of video production experience
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud, including Premiere and After Effects
- Experience developing appropriate social media content
- Experience working in a creative, fast paced and ever changing environment
- Experience using a PC or Mac
- Special Working Conditions
- Possession of a valid State of Arizona Class D driver’s license is required; must meet minimum standards regarding driving: http://business.maricopa.edu/risk-management/motor-vehicle-usage/motor-vehicle-driving-requirements
- May be required to work at multiple sites or locations.
- Travel to campus during interview/selection process will be at candidate’s own expense.
- May be required to work evenings and weekends
- May be required to lift or carry up to 25lbs.
- May be required to sit for a prolonged period of time; viewing a computer monitor
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit a cover letter that details how the applicant meets minimum and desired qualifications.
Applications without a cover letter and do not include detailed employment history information will be incomplete and will not be considered.
Please ensure your resume and cover letter provide the following items:
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, indicate full or part time experience for each position held and name of employer for each position.
- Three professional references, preferably current and/or former supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon application, they will be requested at time of interview.
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.